Thursday, November 09, 2006

Reproductions from my columns in the Education Times - 2

Q. I am confident about the Maths section, but I have been struggling with my English. (Have fared badly in Reading Comprehension in the SimCATs). How should I divide the allotted time across sections?

A: It’s quite a tempting idea to allocate more time to your weaker section/s but not necessarily the most appropriate. Remember the cut-offs will be decided based on an equal-time-allocation scenario. The best solution to your problem is also the most traditional one – work harder on your reading comprehension, experiment with 2-3 different tactics depending on your chief problem area – accuracy or speed. You still have over 45 days to go before CAT and it’s sufficient to sort out the problem.

No comments: